Full Stop

I have been told
that endings
are only beginnings
with a hint of sorrow

but nothing
makes me sadder
than closing the back cover
to my favorite story.

oftentimes, I finish a book
too quickly.
it can seem that no time
has passed
at all
as I was lost
 in the world
of its pages

but I have learned
that I can always
go back to page one.

I have found
a retelling
of my favorite story
leads to new discoveries, and wonders
I had been blind to before.

When I go back,
  to the start, back to
page one
I am overcome
with excitement
to live in this world again
even for only
   a little longer.

I have learned
that endings
are truly beginnings
with a hint of apprehension

but nothing
makes me happier
than opening the front cover
to my favorite story
and starting
  all over.

oftentimes, I find myself
skipping through the chapters
of my own story.
it can seem like
   time
has slipped through my fingers
as quickly as
    pages turn
to ash
and I am lost
       in the spine
        of my own story.

But I have learned

I can always start
      again.

I can open
    an empty book
and start
     from page one.
Just because the book has
run out of pages
doesn't mean my story
has to come to an end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Have You Become?

Finally Enough

Forgotten