Forgotten

I find myself
     shrinking
working diligently
    to minimize the space
I occupy.

I find my voice
        growing softer
painfully aware
       no one was listening
to begin with.

I find my spine
     curving
my shoulders
       caving inwards
a stiffness in my neck
     I can't remember having.

I find my feet
     dragging behind me
unable to instill
     the confident stride
I held before you.

I find my heart
     growing harder
it becomes
     easier
to ignore the pain
     of muscle
     turning to stone

I find my laugh
     growing shorter
its tone becomes dull
    until even I
don't want to hear it.

I find myself
     looking at you
wondering
       if you feel this too.

I find my light
     growing dimmer
no longer are people 
   drawn to its warmth.

I find my love
     fading
until I forget
     what it used to be
until it feels
     simply like a memory
one I cling to
one I think
I should let go.

I find myself searching
     for reasons to stay.

I find myself searching
     for a way out

I find myself
     looking at you
wondering
     if you feel me
fade away.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Have You Become?

Finally Enough